To apply*** to the Syracuse Educational Opportunity Center, please review the Required Documentation Checklist (see below).
Bring all required original documentation in person to the SEOC Admissions Office for review and processing.*
You can APPLY ONLINE.*** When applying online you will be leaving the SEOC website and going to the SUNY University Center for Academic & Workforce Development Student Academic Records System (STARS) to apply for admissions. You will create a LOGIN ID and PIN. After logging in, please make sure to click on the link that says Syracuse Educational Opportunity Center.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION CHECKLIST
Proof of Income**
Consists of one of the following:
- Tax Transcript from IRS, visit or call 1-800-829-1040
- 1040/1040A or 1040EZ Tax Return for Current or Prior Year (wages statements and pay stubs will not be accepted)
- Parents 1040/1040A or 1040EZ (if claimed as dependent)
- Public Assistance Current Budget Sheet
- Verification of Income Received from Social Security, Unemployment, Disability or Supplemental Security Income for 2010
- Worker Compensation Award Letter with Term of Disability
- Ward of the State – Letter from Agency
- Release Papers from Incarceration with Date of Discharge
- Homlessor Youth Shelter – Letter from Agency
Proof of (one year) New York State Residency**
For example, this may consist of one of the following:
- NYS Driver License, or NYS Non-Driver Identification Card
- NYS Motor Vehicle Registration
- Valid Passport with Address
- PA/FS Card with Picture
if you are not a citizen of the United States:
PLEASE DO NOT MAIL OR FAX ANY DOCUMENTATION.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS AND DOCUMENTATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
*Additional documentation may be necessary after review. Please check your program of interest page for further information.
**Please note: If the applicant’s specific situation is not addressed, contact the SEOC Admissions Office at (315) 472-0130.
***Also note: A supplemental application must be completed at the time of documentation review.
A Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) Exam OR a Complete Language Assessment System-English (CLAS-E) Exam must be taken for entry to all programs.
For additional information about applying to any of our programs, click here to go to Programs.